For all those not in college, or all those who simply havn't gone to a career fair, I'm just gonna say, holy crap free stuff.
Now I know that these career fairs are supposed to be... for people trying to get jobs, but hey I'm a little lowly freshmen without much of a resume. So I'm just here to get a feel for the place and...yes free stuff.
To the good part:
In the 2 days I went I now have...
8 shirts
a bunch of lights, comp lights, book lights, keychain lights
notepads...this one's leather too =O
a screwdriver 0.0.. with like 8 different screw heads
and a tape measure
and a pedometer!
and like 3 water bottles
and a lot more random trinkets
but really. 8 free shirts? I like never have to buy new clothes again
one of them was a legit american eagle shirt too haha
Anyways, more to the boring part:
I made it onto the FSAE team. This is a project team that builds a racecar every year for competition. A few interesting points:
The car goes 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds
The time commitment is 10 hours a week req. 20 on average, and 30-40 on rough weeks
And me and another freshmen have been assigned this dashboard console that they failed to implement in 2007...
im gonna die. yea? yea
oh what else have i been up to?
making pancakes with friends at 1 in the morning
hurting my leg so that it limped for 2 days
playing spider web
getting piano lessons for a total of 30 dollars a SEMESTER
learning to dance...i dont mean at parties =P haha
oh yea. that thing. hw . i do a lot of that actually
so much its annoying
i actually don't remember all that much but thats ok cause theres so much more to come =]
oh yea i finally for the first time in my life put decorations on my wall.
not that my parents dont let me. i just never felt a white wall as being bad
anyways i can never make these things as funny as veds so im content with this lackadasical status updates yup ^^
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
xD that's ridiculous!
and congrats getting on the team =) though that does sound like a ridiculous amount of work...
glad you're having fun =) and what have you put up on your wall?
Damn @ $30 for a whole semester of lessons. I don't think I have time to commit to violin lessons though. =/
@tina : well 2 things haha a really interesting beach scene about walking with the Lord, and 4 chinese phrases that say like peace, harmony, tranquility, and something.
@yb : iono if i have time to commit either...im just trying it and dying haha
ARE YOU DOING BALLROOM DANCING?
also danggg at price for piano lessons O_O
that sounds like it could be ultra-rewarding =D
wait what is spider web?
O_O I want free stuff!!!
=D Show us those dancing skills the next time we all get together! XD
omg this post made me laugh
you made my day tim
DUDE. Give me your screwdriver. Arvind and I were putting together a cabinet and we were in desperate need of a screwdriver (and I feel bad because this is the third time I've had to ask my proctor to borrow her toolkit).
Post a Comment